The rumours were true. A new Xbox and Bethesda “Developer Direct” is happening this week to give fans a deeper look at a handful of upcoming Xbox first-party titles.
Airing tomorrow, January 26th, the showcase will offer inside looks at Xbox games that are due to launch “in the next few months” including the likes of The Elder Scrolls Online, Forza Motorsport, Minecraft Legends and Redfall. Starfield is notably absent, of course, but Xbox promises that a standalone show is in the works for that game to allow adequate time to dive into it.
Curious about what’s coming to Xbox??
Check out Developer_Direct on January 25, featuring news and gameplay from some highly-anticipated games: https://t.co/DvTYGzc85z | #DeveloperDirect pic.twitter.com/5QUbL0OXqA
— Xbox (@Xbox) January 11, 2023
The Xbox Wire blog provides a little more context on how those four games will feature, with presentations from key members of each development team:
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Studio Director Matt Firor will unveil 2023’s major Chapter update, including the latest regions of Tamriel to become playable in ESO, as well as a major new feature coming in the game’s biggest update this year. The Developer_Direct will be immediately followed by the full, standalone ESO Chapter Reveal Event, hosted by Zenimax Online Studios, which will provide all the in-depth details ESO players will be keen to know.
- Forza Motorsport: The team at Turn 10 Studios have been hard at work, bringing fans the next generation of Forza Motorsport, built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox Series X|S. Forza Motorsport is back, and we can’t wait to share more gameplay and exciting new details.
- Minecraft Legends: Mojang Studios will showcase an insider’s look into the PvP multiplayer experience in Minecraft Legends – the upcoming action-strategy game from the makers of Minecraft. Developed in partnership with Blackbird Interactive and launching this spring, don’t miss exclusive gameplay footage at the Developer_Direct.
- Redfall: The minds behind Dishonored and Prey, Arkane Austin, will showcase several minutes of gameplay from their upcoming FPS. The Developer_Direct will reveal single and multiplayer gameplay, showing more of how you and your friends will take down bloodthirsty Vampires on the picturesque island of Redfall, Massachusetts. Fans can expect to learn more about combat, customization, bosses, the open world, and more.
As for when we can catch the showcase here in Australia, it’s not the worst timing for some of us, and kind of an early start for others:
Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct Showcase Australian Times – January 26th
- 7.00 AM AEDT (Melbourne/Sydney/Hobart/Canberra)
- 6.30 AM ACDT (Adelaide)
- 6.00 AM AEST (Brisbane)
- 5.30 AM ACST (Darwin)
- 4.00 AM AWST (Perth)
- 9.00 AM NZDT (Wellington)